Thursday, April 12, 2012

Starting a new effort...


Hello all,
Over time my senior project has managed to become a relatively random set of ideas and plans that all revolve around the same idea I initially started with - developing my own identity as a college found young woman through fitness, beauty and the modern feminine perspective. Recently, in an effort to combine my efforts towards leading a healthy lifestyle and my passion of dance I opted to create an open dance session for all dancers and non-dancers alike. My purpose, although easily seen as cliche, was to create a different image of exercise. Often times and especially with the physical education requirements at our school, exercise becomes burdensome and meaningless as we put our priorities elsewhere. Ultimately, all my interviews with woman who I revere, my efforts to physically challenge myself, and even plan events such as the one I held today are all actually efforts to help myself be the person I hope to be.

The turn out today was pretty good - I wasn't expecting many people and I knew that many of the people would be my very own HKD members. There were, however, some very brave boys that came to try out the session... don't know how they felt about the sometimes awkward chest thrusts. The session included 40 minutes of non stop cardio as I created choreography sets to 12 different songs - I think it's fair to say that I surprised myself and everyone else in the room with the difficulty of 40 minutes of non stop dancing! I'm hoping to hold another dance session soon - hopefully, we get a more diverse group next time.

I brought my camera and set it up on the tripod... only to never turn it on. Can we just take a moment to acknowledge my intelligence level? I really wanted to share some of the event as a promotion for future sessions, but oh well next time. :(

All I can say is that I am happy with how it turned out and have gotten some great feedback so far. For now you'll just have to imagine it went a little like this...


and a little like this...









but mostly like this...





Just kidding. Kind of.
Stay tuned for my fitness video coming up soon.


Viv:)

No comments:

Post a Comment